Super Antioxidant | Blood Booster | Cell detoxifier | Supports A Healthy Immune System
NAC (n-acetyl cysteine)
Directions: Mix 1 teaspoon in water, 2 times a day, or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
NAC is closely related to glutathione and is an excellent antioxidant and detoxifier of the blood. (4 oz.)
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) has many medical and holistic uses, but most importantly, and fundamentally, it promotes optimal health. NAC is a metabolite of the sulfur-containing amino acid, Cysteine. While Cysteine is found in high protein foods, NAC is not; but, under healthy circumstances NAC is produced within the human body. Cysteine plays a role in the sulfation cycle, acting as a sulfur donor in phase II detoxification and as a methyl donor in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Cysteine also helps synthesize glutathione, one of the body’s most important natural antioxidants and detoxifiers. NAC is the acetylated form of L-Cysteine.
NAC Increases Glutathione Levels and Aids Detoxification
NAC is rapidly metabolized to intracellular glutathione—the super antioxidant, blood booster and cell detoxifer. NAC also protects the body from acetaminophen toxicity and is used in hospitals for patients with acetaminophen poisoning. It has also been shown to be effective at treating liver failure from other causes as well.
NAC Supports a Healthy Immune System
Glutathione, metabolized from NAC, is known to aid in the transport of nutrients to lymphocytes and phagocytes, two major classes of immune cells. In addition it is known to protect cell membranes. While purified glutathione is available as a dietary supplement, absorption is low, and NAC is thought to be a better method of boosting cellular glutathione levels.
NAC for Flu and Cold
NAC cleaves disulfide bonds by converting them to two sulfhydryl groups. This action results in the breakup of mucoproteins in lung mucus, reducing their chain lengths and thinning the mucus, improving conditions such as bronchitis and flu. Double-blind research has found that NAC supplements improved symptoms and prevented recurrences in people with chronic bronchitis. NAC helps prevent Influenza infection, as well as reduces symptoms and duration of existing Influenza infection.
NAC Chelating Heavy Metals
NAC is believed to detoxify and remove heavy metals like mercury and lead from the body.
NAC and Other Possible Benefits
There is evidence that NAC can have beneficial effects on pancreatic b-cell function in diabetes. A 1999 study concluded that a sufficient supply of antioxidants (NAC, vitamin C plus vitamin E, or both) may prevent or delay b-cell dysfunction in diabetes by providing protection against glucose toxicity.
There is also research being done at Yale, exploring NAC’s glutamatergic antagonistic properties possible reducing the glutamatergic hyperactivity that is thought to contribute to the pathophysiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and major depressive disorder (MDD).
According to WebMD. . .
NAC is Effective For:
• Helping to prevent crusting in people with a tube in their windpipe (people who have undergone a tracheostomy).
• Acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning. N-acetyl cysteine is effective in reducing the death rate and preventing the permanent harm caused by acetaminophen poisoning. For this use, N-acetyl cysteine given by mouth is as effective as N-acetyl cysteine given intravenously (by IV).
• Reducing mucus and helping with breathing in various lung conditions.
• Cystic fibrosis.
NAC is Possibly Effective For:
• Preventing problems such as heart attack and stroke in people with serious kidney disease. The risk reduction can be as much as 40%. However, N-acetyl cysteine doesn’t reduce the overall risk of death or death from heart disease in these people.
• Chest pain (angina).
• Preventing complications of chronic bronchitis.
• Preventing complications of lung disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, COPD).
• Preventing kidney problems with dyes used during some X-ray exams.
• Reducing homocysteine levels, a possible risk factor for heart disease.
• Reducing symptoms of the flu.
• Reducing symptoms of hair pulling.
• Treating some types of epilepsy seizures.
• Treating a lung disease called fibrosing alveolitis.
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (5mL)
Servings Per Container: Approximately 24
Serving % Daily
N-Acetyl Cysteine 500 mg +
+Daily Value not established
The pH Miracle.
Buy Some N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) Today!